Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies 3-Ways


 

Everyone has to have a "go-to" Chocolate Chip cookie recipe. It doesn't matter what age you are, there is nothing better then a tall glass of milk along with a freshly baked cookie. My cookie recipe is a fairly basic one that always delivers the perfect combination of crunch and chew. This time though I decided to "play" around and add my own touches to it. There are 3 cookies : Coconut-Cranberry-Chocolate Chip, Espresso Chocolate Chip and of course the old favorite Chocolate Chip. I had my taste tester Lukas give them all a big thumbs up!


Chocolate Chip Cookies 3-Ways

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (11.5 ounce) package Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped Walnuts
1 packet Starbucks Via Ready Brew Italian Roast (extra bold)
1/2 cup sweetened Coconut
1/4 cup Craisins Cranberries


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and give it a good whisk to get any lumps out.  

Beat butter, white sugar, light brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy and light in color. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 

Gradually beat flour into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Divide dough into thirds.
Add the Starbucks Via to one third.
Add coconut and cranberries to another third.
And the final third of dough will stay as is.

Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined cookie sheet .
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.




Coconut-Cranberry Chocolate Chip


Espresso Chocolate Chip


Chocolate Chip

Tips for Great Cookies:
  • I always line my cookie sheets with Parchment paper, even if they are non-stick
  • In order to prevent over-salting my cookies I like to use unsalted butter
  • I let all my ingredients  come to room temperature before starting to bake
  • Invest in good quality ingredients. If I spent the time, I want to have the best possible end product.
  • A good chocolate or chocolate chip is a must. The cookies can be made with any kind of chocolate chip but in my opinion with a darker chocolate the cookies don't get over powered with sweetness. There are a lot of brands of chocolate out there. You can go VERY wrong with cheap chocolate. I found that Ghirardelli or even Lindt Chocolate (chopped by hand) provide the best flavor without breaking your pocket book
  • Buy an Ice Cream Scoop, it will produce uniform cookies every time
  • And most of all, have lots of milk on hand. Trust me, you'll need it ;o)

5 comments:

  1. Well I would have to say this look REAL good, and will comments after they hit my mouth. Looking good Susi.
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, your espresso cookies look so good!
    I followed you over from the TWD comments - I also wanted to join but now won't be able to.
    My book arrives towards the end of next month, so I can start baking in APril.
    If you'll be following the TWD challenges unofficially, I'd like to join in with you!
    http://someneedfulthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your recipes. I have never been one to try baking cookies but I love the versatility of your recipes and will definitely be baking some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, thanks for stopping by and your kind words. Hope you enjoy my recipes :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Share!

    First off, congratulations on this post. If You are searching for latest government jobs in India. Vacancysquare provides you upcoming government jobs information like - Railway, Police, Banking Job, Defense, SSC, UPSC, UPSSSC, teacher jobs and other department for state and central government job. This bucket list for you to know the right jobs detail.

    This is really awesome but that's what you always crank out my friend. Reading your story got my face leaking and my heart singing. Find qualification based government job and vacancies with employment news at: "www.vacancysquare.com". Also check govt jobs, private jobs, latest jobs, teacher jobs, bank jobs, railway jobs, police jobs, UPSC jobs, SSC jobs, UPSSSC jobs, sarkari result with employment news.

    Great posts we can share to our users. Check the latest government job vacancies, upcoming government Indian jobs, latest notifications for government jobs, today government jobs notifications or sarkari naukri now. Just visit our website www.vacancysquare.com to get your dream job notification today.

    Get a complete information about Government jobs in India, Latest jobs in India, admit card, exams, results, answer key, admission and syllabus of Govt Indian jobs.

    If you are interested in free guest post, advertising with us, writing for us and paid guest post service to contact us & about OR visit on our job notification portal www.vacancysquare.com.

    All the best, I’m excited to watch your journey! Keep it works and share your amazing thoughts.

    Great share and thanks again for the mention here,

    Thanks and Regards!
    Priya Singh.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails